AG Processing, Inc.
Soybean Processing Facility
AG Processing built a new large soybean processing facility on a site in Emmetsburg, IA. I. C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. was responsible for all engineering for the design-build contract. This included civil, structural, and architectural work under a subcontract. All mechanical, electrical, and controls and instrumentation engineering was provided in-house. ICT's responsibilities extended through start-up of the facility.
- Material handling building includes elevators and storage silos
- Preparation plant
- Solvent extraction plant produces meal and crude oil
- End products are stored and loaded on rail cars or trucks
- 150 psig boiler plant provides process and heating steam and compressed air
- Facility-wide process monitoring and control provided by distributed PLC's linked to distributed computer monitoring stations
- Two office buildings
- New parallel rail sidings that connect main rail lines of two companies, providing raw material unloading and product loadout capabilities
- Finished products include both dry and liquid materials