|Alaska Regional Hospital
New Front Entrance and Renovations
I. C. Thomasson Associates designed the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection for a 28,500 SF addition and a 36,300 SF renovation.
• New front lobby and entrance including a two-story atrium
• Covered loading dock
• Staging/endo rooms/recovery
• Inpatient admitting
• LDRP area
• Seven general operating rooms
• Two open heart operating rooms.
• Addition of 200-ton chiller, 200 Bhp steam boiler, and deaerator system
• Existing chilled water distribution system modified to a primary/secondary system
Special cold region provisions include a snow melt system and local radiant heating at the main entry canopy, arctic entry vestibule and electronic air filtration.