Pharmacy, Health Sciences Building and Parking Garage
ICT provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and construction administration services for the new 90,000 SF Health Sciences building housing Schools of Pharmacy, Physical Therapy Psychology and expansion space for Schools of Nursing, Occupational Therapy and Social Work programs.
• 90,000 SF new four-story classroom and office building
• Four-story, 148,000 SF underground parking garage
• Laboratories for student and faculty research
• Medical simulation spaces
• Licensed, state-of-the-art pharmacy
• Complete automatic sprinkler system for all areas of building
Sustainable Design Features
The building’s four-level underground parking garage reduces the structural footprint, saving four aces of land that would have been lost to surface parking. The building’s total footprint, including the garage, is less than an acre. A significant “green” feature is the 20,000 gallon water storage tank, which has the ability to capture excess ground and storm water that would otherwise be pumped into the storm system. The collected water will be recycled and used to irrigate the campus. The new building features a green roof which mimics a cedar glad with a wide variety of plant life.