|Burlington Branch Library
I. C. Thomasson Associates, Inc. (ICT) provided all services necessary to prepare plans for the HVAC, plumbing systems, electrical, fire protection, rough-in drawings for telephone, information, data, paging, CATV and audio/visual systems for new Knox County library from an empty commercial space.
• The general branch design emphasizes African American and early colonial motifs.
• The general design is one of open airy spaces with exposed components and skylights feature inside and outside gardens.
• Windows are plentiful and placement of windows allowed for external natural diffusion of light.
• The space incorporates interior/exposed ductwork throughout.
• The theme for this branch is adult basic education and family literacy incorporating technology.
• The children’s area features a unique design with skylights, a story time room, display art tracks and lighting for changeable children’s art displays. (2,090 sq ft)
• The meeting room can be divided into two spaces and when not in use can be used as an art gallery. (2000 sq ft)
• The circulation area features a small half circle desk utilizing two self-check out stations. (250 sq ft)