East Tennessee Children’s Hospital (ETCH) West
I. C. Thomasson provided the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering services for a new Rehabilitation Center. The facility has more space and expanded services to ensure that each child reaches his/her greatest potential and can live as independently as possible. Children’s Hospital Rehabilitation Center replaces a 37-year old, two level former school building on Gleason Rd. with no elevator and severe space constraints.
- Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy
- 22,500 SF, one-level
- Physician-directed rehabilitation services for more than 1,500 children
- $3.2 million
- Computer lab with assistive technology
- Family education resource area with video library
- Therapeutic playground with handicapped accessible opportunities for children using wheelchairs, crutches and walkers
The new facility provides privacy for the children; a welcoming, family-focused environment; lots of light, windows and visual access to the outdoors.