East Tennessee Children's Hospital
Patient Tower Addition
ICT provided the mechanical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering services for the seven-story patient tower addition over the existing two-story Emergency Department.
Children's Hospital now has:
- 115,000 SF new construction
- 110,000 SF renovation
- 95 private patient rooms with full baths
- Expanded Emergency Department
- 13-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Expanded 44-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Expanded Surgery Department
- More space for support services, families, staff and storage
- Additional elevators
- Larger Food and Nutrition Services department complemented by a 12,650 SF newly constructed kitchen and dining area
ICT made major improvements to the mechanical infrastructure of the hospital, including a chiller plant, medical gas and steam supply to the hospital.