|Metro Nashville and Davidson County Main Public Library
The Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County opened in 2001 and is destined to become another landmark structure for which ICT has provided the mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering design services.
Featuring a large open foyer, this 288,000 square foot library has a volume capacity of over 1.2 million books, 1,200 reader seats along with 700 program rooms. The library is home to 120 public computers and 100 online catalogs. Four hundred parking spaces were provided underneath the structure.
• Children's story room and marionette theater
• Grand reading room with reference and periodical areas
• Public computing center
• Group study rooms
• Special collections room
• Numerous conference rooms
• Conference center containing a 300 seat auditorium and a 200 seat meeting room
• Information Magnet Center with computer classroom
• Art gallery
• Gift shop
• Commercial copy center