Specialty Breads Addition
ICT provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection engineering design and construction phase support services for an approximately 10,200 SF addition consisting of a freezer and cooler dock to unloading facility with approximately 100-ton split-system refrigeration system.
- -10 degrees freezer (5,600 SF)
- 45 degrees cooler/shipping dock (3,250 SF)
- New receiving dock (1,150 SF)
- -35 degrees cooler (200 SF)
- Electrical floor warming system.
- Evaluated existing electrical service and 3,000 amp switchboard and was able to utilize unused capacity without upgrading the existing service and a new 480/277 volt panelboard for the new plant addition.
- Electrical power control panel interface for future solar photovoltaic system.
- Electrical interface provisions for future standby power generator.
- High efficiency fluorescent lighting.
- Extended sprinkler service to new addition by modifying an existing sprinkler riser.
Sprinkler design included new dry system risers and a double-interlock pre-action system for the rack storage freezer area.
- A Protesto-wire system was used for heat detection at the pre-action system.
- Coordinated new hydrant flow test to obtain updated design information.