Additions and Renovations
San Antonio, TX
As San Antonio's second largest private employer, Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as a single four story building. Now the hospital provides extensive medical services to the South Texas community and is one of the nation’s largest facilities. ICT has provided services and upgrades to the hospital since the 1990’s. Currently, ICT is providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and IT services to a multi phased 985,000 SF addition and renovation to Methodist Hospital.
427,000 SF Additions Include:
- Four-story adult med/ surgical addition with 79 rooms
- 34-bed NICU addition
- Six-story adult patient room tower with 144 beds including two sublevels for pharmacy and outpatient services
- Seven-story children’s patient room tower with 24 ICU rooms and 130 medical surgical rooms
- Dialysis treatment addition
- Adult emergency department addition
- Satellite powerhouse with two 1,200-ton chillers, two 500 BHP boilers and medical gas systems
- 2,000 kw emergency generator
- High voltage distribution system
376,000 SF Renovations Include: Relocation of the central sterile, PACU, kitchen dietary, radiology, children’s radiology and administration.
Earl Swensson Associates
Patient Rooms / CUP / Pediatrics / ER