Lone Peak Hospital, Surgery and Tower Expansion
Lone Peak Hospital, MountainStar Healthcare, Draper, Utah Surgery and Tower Expansion is a 18,500 SF expansion, and 42,000 SF renovation. This expansion accommodates the growing needs of multiple departments and increases the total bed count of the hospital to 284.
The expansion includes:
Two-story tower expansion to house 11 NICU positions and 11 post-partum med surge patient rooms.
First floor expansion to add 2 new OR’s, 1 future shell OR, 12 PACU position, new Central Sterile and Sterile Storage Department.
- New Pharmacy with Non Hazardous compounding IV prep room meeting all USP 797 requirements.
- Lab Renovation, new 3 OB Triage, 4 position Nursery, 8 LDRP patient rooms
- Kitchen and Dining Expansion
- Imaging Expansion with 2 MRI’s and Shell space for future expansion.
To support this expansion the Central Energy Plant was renovated and expanded with a full upgrade to the cooling systems. The key MPET components to this project include:
- 810 ton (270 ton new and 540 ton existing) Air Cooled Chiller Plant.
- Central Station air handlers with multiple fans and multiple variable frequency drive arrangement for redundancy
- High Efficiency variable volume temperature controls to minimize re-heat and ventilation loads.
- New medical air compressor and new Vacuum pump systems selected at 4,500 ft operating elevation to maximize pressure and longevity.
- Pre-action fire protection systems serving MRI’s.
- New services ( sanitary sewer and storm sewer) for the Tower Addition.
- All LED lighting system that exceeds Energy Code requirements by 50%
Surgery / Tower Expansion