Universal Health Services, Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center
UHS Northern Nevada Sierra Medical Center is a 300,000 square feet, four stories greenfield hospital located just south of the Reno-Tahoe International Airport in “The Biggest Little City in the World” Reno Nevada. This facility will provide healing for patients throughout the Northern Nevada region.
ICT completed the engineering design for all mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, lighting, power and distribution, low voltage, and Information Transport & Systems Design (IT&S) for the facility. Notable design features of these systems include the following for the high performance environment of care and energy goals of this project:
- 200 total beds with planned expansion to 300, Administration, Kitchen, Dining, USP-800 Pharmacy, Lab, Central Sterile, and Materials Management.
- 120 Med Surge Beds, 32 ICUs, 8 LDRPs, 12 NICU, 2 C-Section, 8 Operating Rooms, 2 Bronch, 2 Cath Lab, 10 PACU, 30 Prep-Rec, 1 MRI, 1 Nuclear Med, 2 CT, 1 R/F, 2 Rad, and 22 Exam ED.
- Seismic Certified for online capability following a Seismic event Central Chilled Water Plant, Heating Hot Water Plant, Domestic Hot Water Plant, Emergency Generators and Electrical Gear, Medical Air and Medical Vacuum Systems designed to support all future expansion of the building.
- 1,400 ton High Efficiency Magnetic Bearing Centrifugal Chiller Plant with water side economizer free cooling and infinitely Variable Chilled Water Plant optimization algorithm.
- 600 horsepower 95% Efficient Dual Fuel Condensing Boiler plant serving building heating and building domestic hot water loads.
- 2 x 360 kW clean steam medium pressure plant for Sterilization.
- 200 tons of Exhaust Air Cooling Energy Recovery.
- 75 boiler HP of Exhaust Air Heating Energy Recovery.
- 4.5MW of Paralleled Emergency Power with 96 hours of fuel.
- Full Emergency Backup of Cooling and Heating Systems.
- MainTie-Main Switchgear with redundant Utility Transformers
- 30,000 gallons of onsite fuel storage for emergency operations of generators
- 10,000 gallons of onsite fuel storage for emergency operations of boilers and domestic water heaters
- 21 acre site with electrical utility provisions for future Medical Office Buildings
- Fire Alarm System for future vertical Expansion
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- 0.69 w/sq ft Lighting Design with LEED Certified Lighting Daylighting and Occupancy Controls
- Custom Central Station rooftop air handlers with fan array and multiple variable frequency drive arrangement for redundancy and air side economizer.
- HVAC 100% outdoor air building flush operation capability for airborne infection isolation and infection control applications.
- High Efficiency variable volume temperature controls to minimize re-heat and ventilation loads.
- 35% domestic water use reduction utilizing high efficiency fixtures, saving over 2,350,000 gallons per year of potable water use.
- 30% building energy efficiency and utility savings over ASHRAE 90.1 – 2010 baseline.
- Advanced Energy Metering of whole building energy sources and individual energy end uses that represent 10% or more of the total annual consumption of the building.
- Enhanced Outdoor Air Quality Strategies with cross-contamination prevention, filtration, increased ventilation, and carbon dioxide monitoring.
- Redundant MDF server room cooling systems
- Security and Access Control Systems, CCTV.
- Infant Abduction Monitoring
- Technology drawings for voice, data, wireless infrastructure pathways, spaces and layout of telecommunications equipment rooms, entrance facilities and MDF/IDF spaces.
- Public Address/Paging
- Audio/Video drawings with regard to A/V and CATV infrastructure
- Horizontal and backbone cabling pathways
- Systems design to support future infrastructure and integration needs.
Universal Health Services, Inc.
Earl Swensson Associates