The University of Tennessee
ICT provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection design, and construction administration for a new 309,006 SF University Center. The project includes meeting rooms, programming spaces, administrative/student services offices, student organizations, recreation, service areas, book store, dining services, OIT technology area, lounges, and meeting service support/storage.
Phase I was completed in June 2015 and Phase II was completed in 2018.
Notable features of the project include:
- 50,000 SF of retail space for the VolShop, VolBooks, and VolTech stores
- Multiple dining options to meet current and future needs, seating approximately 1000
- The Alan and Wendy Wilson Center for Career Development
- A variety of study and small-group gathering spaces •The campus’s largest ballroom, allowing us to host major events on campus
- An art gallery, recreation area, and executive dining room
- Student organization spaces designed to enhance learning and leadership development opportunities
- A 999-seat performance auditorium, serving as a venue for a variety of student and departmental programs
- Larger and more flexible meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
UTK Division of Facilities Planning
BMA/MHM Joint Venture